Saturday, January 12, 2013

Panagia Mouzevikis Church, Kastoria


The Post Byzantine Church Panagia Mouzevikis (Saint Minas), in Kastoria – Northern Greece - is a small, single-space, longitudinal basilica with a loft that was later added to the structure. The creation of the wall paintings at the interior of the church started in late 14th century and was completed by 1650. Large parts thereof still survive in good condition. The church must have been named after the fresco of Saint Minas to the west of the church. 









No comments:

Post a Comment