Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saint Panteleimon Church, Varlaam Parish, Kastoria


St. Panteleimon, in the North part of Greece, in the small city of Kastoria, is a three-aisled basilica with the aisles separated in two wooden column series. It is a post-Byzantine Church, built in 1857. The church’s chancel was constructed in 1877 and is made of wood. A wall painting also exists in the inner part of the church. This is one church of around 70 that exist within this small Macedonian city, showing the devotion of the local population.







No comments:

Post a Comment