Thursday, May 2, 2013

“Receive me today, O Son of God”


During the Divine Liturgy of St. Basil, celebrated on Great and Holy Thursday, the chanter repeats the same hymn “Receive me today, O Son of God”, as the cherubic hymns, the communion hymn and after the distribution of the Holy Communion. This hymn points out, laconically, the meaning and significance of these holy days. The hymn is as follows:


“Receive me today, O Son of God as a communicant of Your mystical super, for I will not speak of the mystery to Your enemies, nor will I give You a kiss as did Judas; but as the thief do I confess You: Remember me, O Lord, in Your Kingdom; remember me, O Master in Your Kingdom, remember me, O Holy One, when You come in Your Kingdom.
Here are two videos chanting and singing this hymn. The first is Byzantine, while the second one is a more classical version of the hymn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment