Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gaudi of Greece

This is a personal post, since I dedicate it to my uncle – Paraskevas Konstantinidis. Currently he is in Nafplio, the first capital of Greece. There he works as a tile fitter. Recently he has endeavoured to venture into a more artistic field and create beautiful and unique art with tiles. During my last visit to Nafplio I had the pleasure to see his progress and his work to date. After seeing his work, I gave him the name ‘Gaudi of Greece’, remembering Gaudi’s work in Barcelona. The pictures depicted here are a first advertisement of his work…awaiting his final results, which when finalised, will be re-advertised here. I am sure that one day his work will be one of the main modern attractions in Nafplio, attracting many visitors to this ancient city.  








No comments:

Post a Comment