Saturday, August 16, 2014

Parish Church of St Stephen Walbrook

The parish church of St Stephen Walbrook was founded on the bank of the Walbrook stream over a thousand years ago. It has occupied its present site since 1428. The current building was designed by Sir Christopher Wren following the Great Fire of London in 1666 and is generally considered to be his masterpiece. It nor contains a central altar by Henry Moore, installed in 1987.






No comments:

Post a Comment