Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary Mandrakina

The Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary Mandrakina, which is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and to Saint Panteleimon, was built in the 18th century. It is located in the Old Town of Corfu, near the Old Fort of the city. The Church building’s beautiful colours instantly attract the eyes of the passer-by. In 1944 it unfortunately suffered serious destruction; however, it was restored after approximately five years, giving it its current form and beauty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment